I love being a mom. Okay MOST of the time I love being a mom. Last night was not one of those times. Kevin woke up 5 times last night. Twice to get a drink (he insists I come with him to the kitchen) then diapers changes, then ostomy dumping and then back to bed and grinding of the teeth. ( Kevins teeth not mine) Up again at 2 AM to check out the room and toys. Then about 3 AM he gives me the uh uh signal that his ostomy bag is leaking. I get up and get him to the bathroom and cover him in orange ostomy tape and hope it holds a few hours. He runs out of the bathroom and gets into our bed and snuggles by Ron. Four AM I feel something wet and assume Kevin is really sweating. No such luck! Yes the tape slid off and ostomy stuff (okay poop) is all over my sheets. We do the bathroom thing again and this time I change the ostomy completely and put him in his bed and I clean up. Another fun night of mommyhood. Its not fun when it is happening but I really do laugh about it later. We need to see the humor in our lives otherwise we would be crying way too much. Do I hear a AMEN???
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Muscle man Kevin
I love being a mom. Okay MOST of the time I love being a mom. Last night was not one of those times. Kevin woke up 5 times last night. Twice to get a drink (he insists I come with him to the kitchen) then diapers changes, then ostomy dumping and then back to bed and grinding of the teeth. ( Kevins teeth not mine) Up again at 2 AM to check out the room and toys. Then about 3 AM he gives me the uh uh signal that his ostomy bag is leaking. I get up and get him to the bathroom and cover him in orange ostomy tape and hope it holds a few hours. He runs out of the bathroom and gets into our bed and snuggles by Ron. Four AM I feel something wet and assume Kevin is really sweating. No such luck! Yes the tape slid off and ostomy stuff (okay poop) is all over my sheets. We do the bathroom thing again and this time I change the ostomy completely and put him in his bed and I clean up. Another fun night of mommyhood. Its not fun when it is happening but I really do laugh about it later. We need to see the humor in our lives otherwise we would be crying way too much. Do I hear a AMEN???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
amen. I laugh when my girls do a lot of naughty things because I would have to cry otherwise. I am so glad that you are able to look back and laugh. If nothing else, these times back for good stories to share with friends and family.
Kathy
PS. I love your background--so cute!
You are so amazing Helen. If I just think about you having to do this for 12 years, it makes my frustrations seem sort of petty. I love Kevin's muscle man shirt--so cute! We miss seeing you guys.
Amen sista! Humor is definitely a Sparks trait that we have all used to get through the "difficult" times. You are earning major blessings! My dad will probably have to give you an eternal foot rub for all you put up with. Love you!
Post a Comment